Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Daisy,

I was so incredibly saddened to hear about your struggles over the last year. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and horror you and your family are enduring right now but I also have to say I admire your strength. I admire the strength of your mother and your brother for speaking so openly about your circumstance to let the whole nation know that there is a problem with the way we treat and handle cases such as yours. It breaks my heart to think about you being hurt and I hope you know that your own strength will carry on. After reading about you and your family's past, I can see that things must not be easy for you. But forget a small town. You have a whole country of people standing behind you. My greatest wish is for you to continue to be an advocate for other men and women who have been through situations like this and be a beacon of hope and light for them. I hope that you continue to find good faith in others and that you see the world isn't such a bad place. I wish there was something I could do personally from Boston but all I could think of to do was write this post and hope that you see it, and hopefully it brings you some sort of comfort, even if it's only a little bit.

Much love,

-Emily, 20

No comments:

Post a Comment