Friday, October 18, 2013

Dear Daisy,

I'm so sorry to hear about all the horrible things that have happened to you. I'm absolutely heartbroken after reading your story. No girl should ever have to experience what you and your friend experience.

All the people who keep saying you deserved it are wrong. You didn't. Nobody deserves that. You deserve to have your body respected. To be treated like a human being. Being violated should not be a punishment for underage drinking. You are not at fault in anyway. 

You seem like a wonderful girl and I don't know you but I feel proud that you shared your story in the face of all the backlash. It's incredibly brave for you to expose the people in your town for what they are. That can't have been easy for you and you probably helped many other girls who have been in your situation. You seem like a  very smart and brave young girl. 

That boy will get what he deserves, whether it be legally or through karma. He will not walk through the rest of his life without suffering for this. My hope is that because you've exposed this boy, that what he's done to you will follow him for the rest of his life. I hope that a google search by an potential employer brings up an article about what he did to you. It may take longer than we'd all like, but his justice is coming.

You are a wonderful young girl and don't ever forget that. Stay strong and do not let anyone tell you that you deserve it. Those people are WRONG. I'm hoping that you're having some counselling. I've been in counselling for 5 years now and I can't say enough how much it's helped me. Keep on living beautiful, there is a whole world you haven't experienced yet and you deserve to experience it. 

Emma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment