Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dearest Daisy,
 
I've just read the story of the horrific events that occurred in January 2012.  I've read other stories like this recently, and as a mother of three daughters, it appalls me and hits me directly in the heart.  I'm sorry that you have had to endure such pain, and as you read many of the emails that are sent your way over the next few days as your story becomes national news, I hope that you don't take a strangers words lightly.  The world needs you, many other girls going through the same struggles need you.  You are a survivor, you will be someone else's savior because of it.  I know that many people will tell you the same things and you may start to think, "that's nice, but these people don't know me", well, this is true, many people who will write, do not know you, we do not know exactly what you have been through, or what thoughts you have, or what you feel like in the morning when you wake up, but please know that there are people out here, like me, like many others, mother's of young girls, other teenage girls, friends, people who live near you, and those who are far away, who believe your story and struggle and want nothing more than justice for you and your family.  I'll keep you in my thoughts, and I hope that you get the help and support that you need in order to someday be able to speak about your struggle and show other girls that there is hope, there is justice, and they have a beautiful, meaningful life ahead of them, just as you do.  

Warm regards, 
Ashley Judd
Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment