Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hi Daisy,

I'm a victim too. It's hard trying to deal with something as big and personal as this openly, props to you girl. I'm not sure about you, but it always makes me feel more isolated when people tell me how brave and strong I am because most of time I don't feel that way.

Everyone talks about how things will be so much better, but I want to talk to you about the rough days, weeks, and even years. It's hard. I wouldn't call it brave, I would call it barely getting by because we have to. When you start and end your day focusing on such a draining thing it will leave you empty. Then it's hard to figure out what you were filled with before. And why should we have to? We didn't do anything wrong.

What got me through those days was time and a lot of tears. Everyone wants you to be brave and strong, but don't feel like it's not okay to take the time to be sad. Acknowledging that sadness somehow makes it okay to put it in a metaphorical box. You'll always have the box and you can take it out to consider the pieces, but the best part is you can put it away too.

Take your box, fill it up, and put it on the shelf for a couple of hours. You deserve a break from carrying such a heavy load.



Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment