Monday, October 21, 2013

To Daisy

Dear Daisy,

As a mother of a teenage daughter, my heart aches for you and your family. Your story makes me wish we could go back to the days of storming villages with torches and pitchforks, because that's what the town that has treated you so callously deserves. Instead, all I can do is hope and pray that you will get justice for what's been done to you, and that soon you'll be able to return to the path of growing up into a smart, beautiful woman with her whole life ahead of her. You're already at least part of the way there.

Please take care. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but feel honored to be one of a growing number of people all over the world who believe you and support you. I think you'll find it's a much bigger number than those who have doubted you.

Sincerely,

Gena
Brooklyn, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment